In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Back home and Easter Celebration

When I got home from our trip, later that evening I opened the bag of trail mix to have a snack, and this is what was in the bag! I guess I'll know better than to bring "healthy" trail mix when traveling with teens!  All the good stuff was gone.

And usually when we get home, it's later in the evening, as we are not early risers.  But we heard Indiana was in for a snow storm, ON EASTER SUNDAY, so we got up early and left by 7:00 a.m.  This time the weather people were not wrong.


Yes, this was ON Easter Sunday.

 Lucky for us, several family members were traveling on Spring Break this year so we decided to move our celebration to the Sunday after Easter.





 And it snowed again yesterday!  ENOUGH ALREADY!  I think I can speak for everyone in Indiana WE ARE TIRED OF THE SNOW!

After I was home for a couple of days, I got this in the mail.  I really do wish I was back in Florida!
 I always send MYSELF a post card when I go on vacation!  It's fun to get them in the mail when you get home.

After unpacking and putting everything away, I got busy preparing for Easter.

Mom and Dad had stuffed most of the eggs while we were on vacation, but I stuffed a few more with some extra fun stuff.


I have no idea how many eggs get stuffed.  Maybe 300-400?  We had 28 people and everyone probably got 15 eggs, give or take.  The adults hunt too in our family!

I put some of the decorations up before I went on vacation.  But there were tablecloths to put out,






and extra tables and chairs to set up.  I don't put big/tall arrangements on tables because 1) people can't see over them and I think it's weird to try to talk to someone through an arrangement and 2) the room is needed for plates.



I add something to the Easter tree every year.  We use forsythia branches or curly willow branches for the tree.





I bought the pansies at Horton's in Tipton.
I made this little bunny years ago.
Someone made this cross stitch for me back in 1988 from the place I worked.  I still get together with those people.  Love them.
Next up....cakes!

Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Cindy, Those trail mixes are cheap peanuts and raisins most of the time anyways. LOL Wow, every holiday is a great family fun time with your big family. Yes, girl, I am sick to death of all this cold, snow, rain, and freaking wind. LOL. I do not want to jump right into the heat of summer, do you. I like spring time with 60 to 65 degree days and fresh air not high winds. People better realize they have to have forests and woods to safe everything being blown away. Blessings, xoxo, Stay warm. , Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely Easter fun. I wish I was back in Florida too. Weather's been the same our end, cold and miserable. It;s hard not to pine for some sun. What a great idea to send a postcard home x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can’t believe you had so much snow at Easter!! Lovely to see all of your Easter decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy